How can Wendy Cochran Independent Financial Advice help?
Based in Dunfermline, Fife but serving clients across the UK we are one of the few IFAs in Scotland with experience in providing advice to and on behalf of vulnerable adults, thanks to our work with Maggie’s Fife and local solicitors who specialise in this area.
Whether it be dealing with vulnerable clients who have capacity or their guardians for those that lack capacity we can ensure that your assets are protected and your affairs managed in a sensitive manner.
- We will recommend, and work closely with, a specialist local solicitor who can prepare power of attorney and Guardianship applications.
- We will prepare an inventory, management plan and financial report for you to support an application to the Office of the Public Guardian for a Financial Guardianship Order.
- We will assist you in exercising a Power of Attorney over the financial assets of the vulnerable adult under your care.
- We will help you to shelter the assets of your loved-ones from care home fees, where possible, while staying within the government’s CRAG guidelines.
- We will advise you on minimising potential inheritance tax bills, utilising trusts where necessary.
- As financial advisers to a leading cancer charity, Maggie’s Fife, we are also able to offer help and advice to clients and their families when they have a non-curative diagnosis or serious ill health of any kind.
We offer a completely free initial review of your situation, so if you have any questions about this area of our work please do get in touch.